Sunday 5 June 2011

Sunday Poetry

The Coat Pocket


I reached my hand down through the slit in my coat
And in my deep pocket I pulled out a goat.
Putting it down, it grew wider and long–
It's horns curled 'round, so massive and strong.

I put my hand back in that strange coat pocket
Then hauled out a shiny, bright metal rocket.
Certainly, then my face must've turned blue
For my small red rocket, it also grew.

Eagerly, I thrust my hand in once more
To see what was next, a tree? A Barn door?
I opened the pocket, my eyes close to squint;
But all that was left was some matted old lint.

by E. Eldgerberry


Enter your What Do You Have In Your Pocketses piece to junipertreelit@gmail.com. Deadline is Tuesday, June 7th!

1 comment:

Tell us what you think and you might get to keep your toes attached.